HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment
Aurora offers a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment. A HIPAA information security audit serves as an appraisal of an organizations adherence to policies and best practices. Our team can help an organization identify areas of weaknesses that will need to be addressed in order to meet regulatory or compliance requirements. The three areas of weaknesses that we will measure is people, process and technology.
We will provide clients with information and baselines against HIPAA Security Rule requirements and best practices. We follow the HIPAA risk assessment specifications, including interviews with personnel, policy and procedure review, system analysis, and remediation suggestions.
Aurora’s approach is cost-effective without cutting corners. We make it affordable for any size healthcare organization to be in compliance with HIPAA regulations. Our comprehensive HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment is an approach based on assessing physical and logical security. We address company practices for security confidential data.
Our Process of Conducting HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment
Our process of conducting a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment includes assessing the organizations current state of security and evaluating current practices. We will develop a comprehensive HIPAA Security policy and authorization levels. We will review all relevant security documentation and interview relevant staff members. Next, we will perform vulnerability scanning. This will take place either over a VPN connection or locally. The Aurora team will then deliver a recommendations report to close gaps in the organization’s security practices.
Key Values of Aurora’s HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment
There are many key values of Aurora’s HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment. Implementing the assessment will quickly validate security problems, prioritize vulnerabilities, and provide solutions. Aurora can conduct automated testing that will provide recommendations for remediation. Organizations will discover key weaknesses, policies and procedures. The HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment will help categorize missing controls. Aurora’s team of engineers will review the network, operating system, application and end-point security measures and develop key remediation recommendations.
Implementing a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment will present a great business value to any organization. It is a cost-effective way of ensuring compliance. It provides simplified and prioritized recommendations and will achieve a greater return on investment. Additionally, the business value includes optimized implementation and a transfer of knowledge.
Benefits of the HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment
The features and benefits of the HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment include the ability to understand the gaps in regulatory compliance requirements. Organizations that implement a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment will be able to determine weaknesses in access controls, user provisioning, configuration management processes, and incident handling processes. Aurora’s assessment will provide a review of network, operating system, application and end point security measures.
The professional package includes:
- Automated Security Scanning: commercial scanning tools used to identify potential technical vulnerabilities
- Management Processes: Review security management processes in place to protect confidential data
- Facilities Management: Review the facilities and physical security process to protect confidential data
- Network Architecture Review: Review network security design and identify weaknesses
- Security Policy Review: Review HIPAA Security policies for accuracy, completeness and best practices
- Report Development and Interpretation: Analyze results and develop a remediation plan to meet security requirements
The enterprise package goes further to also include:
- Remediation Validation: Perform mini assessments after 6 months to validate that remediation steps have been implemented
- Policy Creation: Create or modify up to 5 policies to meet gaps in security procedures
How can we help your HIPAA compliance efforts?
It’s time to ensure that if your organization was audited by federal regulators for HIPAA compliance, you would pass. In addition to following the rules of HIPAA, security awareness training, encryption and other security protocols are essential for any organization’s wellbeing.
Threats to security continue to advance as more medical records are being migrated online. Additionally, telemedicine is on the rise, introducing new risks. HIPAA compliance is becoming more complicated with additional threats affecting healthcare workers. It can be difficult for healthcare professionals to balance security concerns with maintaining quality patient care. Additionally, failing to maintain HIPAA Compliance in your security can result in fines and other legal trouble.
Aurora can help you understand all of the different factors that go in to being complaint with HIPAA and strengthening your security posture. We are armed with years of healthcare cybersecurity experience which includes a full suite of security solutions and services. Aurora is equipped with the right team and the right resources to help protect your organization. We are here to not only protect your data, but also educate your workforce on how to securely handle healthcare-sensitive data.
Top Reasons to Use Aurora’s for HIPAA Audits
- Aurora’s HIPAA Security and Compliance Audits are a cost-effective way for your organization to understand how their security posture compares to HIPAA compliance standards
- Receiving prioritized and simplified recommendations surrounding the next steps for your security
- Achieving greater return on investment by prioritizing your cyber security posture
- We will offer an optimized guide towards implementing solutions
- Gaining knowledge on the state of your security and understand how to implement necessary next steps
- Determining the weaknesses in your access controls, user provisioning, vulnerability management processes, configuration management, and incident handling processes
- Reviewing your network, application and end-point security measures, and operating systems
HIPAA Audit Requirements: 7 Steps to Be Prepared
Personal medical data is increasingly being stored online. This sparks concern among the public about the safety of their sensitive information. With the increase of security breaches and cyber-attacks in recent years, healthcare organizations must take charge of customer data that is stored online. For this reason, HIPAA compliance standards are set up to ensure that each organization takes responsibility for the security of their customer data. In order to understand if your organization meets the standards for a HIPAA Audit, we recommend conducting a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment
- Hire the right security company to do your HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment: You should choose a company that can give you a cost-effective approach to understanding the weaknesses in your security posture. At Aurora, we are committed to a cost-effective approach to the HIPAA Assessment without cutting corners.
- Training Employees: It is often said that employees are a company’s weakest link as it pertains to cyber security. When employees are trained at security best practices and understand the signs of a possible security breach, organizations are better protected against cyber-attacks. Creating and publishing policies that support good security posture is essential for a more secure environment.
- Analyze Risks: Conducting a risk assessment will identify all the different risks that could be affecting your organization’s security posture. You will then identify a risk management plan to strategize how you will address those risks. By understanding what security risks your organization are subjected to and how you will approach them, your organization will be better prepared for a HIPAA Audit.
- Make Sure Someone in Your Organization Is Responsible for Security Compliance: Having a dedicated officer that prioritizes the health of an organization’s cyber security is a great way to ensure that security best practices are being followed.
- Review Your Policies: Make sure that you have strong policies implemented that prioritize security. Talk to your team to see if it might be time to establish new policies to be better secure. If you already have strong security policies, consider evaluating whether they are being followed properly.
- Conduct an Audit Internally: Conducting regular audits is the best way to evaluate your security posture. Aurora can help guide you through regular audits to ensure that your security posture is compliant with industry standards such as HIPAA regulations.
- Remediation: Once you understand where the gaps in your security environment are through regular audits, Aurora can help you with a remediation plan to reduce risks.
HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment FAQ
What is a HIPAA Audit?
- HIPAA Audits identify where areas of improvements are as it pertains to a healthcare organization’s HIPAA Compliance. Conducting an audit helps to avoid possible HIPAA violations associated with health information that is not secure.
What is HIPAA Title II?
- HIPAA Title II specifically protects individual’s health information. This includes the security rule that specifically protects health information that is stored electronically.