HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment
Aurora offers a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment. A HIPAA information security audit serves as an appraisal of an organizations adherence to policies and best practices. Our team can help an organization identify areas of weaknesses that will need to be addressed in order to meet regulatory or compliance requirements. The three areas of weaknesses that we will measure is people, process and technology.
We will provide clients with information and baselines against HIPAA Security Rule requirements and industry standard best practices. We follow the HIPAA risk assessment specifications, including interviews with personnel, policy and procedure review, system analysis, and remediation suggestions.
Aurora’s approach is cost-effective without cutting corners. We make it affordable for any size Heathcare organization to be in compliance with HIPAA regulations. Our comprehensive HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment is an approach based on assessing physical and logical security. We address company practices for security confidential data.
Our process of conducting a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment includes assessing the organizations current state of security and evaluating current practices. We will develop a comprehensive HIPAA Security policy and authorization levels. We will review all relevant security documentation and interview relevant staff members. Next, we will perform vulnerability scanning. This will take place either over a VPN connection or locally. The Aurora team will them deliver a recommendations report to close gaps in the organization’s security practices.
There are many key values of Aurora’s HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment. Implementing the assessment will quickly validate security problems, prioritize vulnerabilities, and provide solutions. Aurora can conduct automated testing that will provide recommendations for remediation. Organizations will discover key weaknesses, policies and procedures. The HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment will help categorize missing controls. Aurora’s team of engineers will review the network, operating system, application and end-point security measures and develop key remediation recommendations.
Implementing a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment will present a great business value to any organization. It is a cost-effective way of ensuring compliance. It provides simplified and prioritized recommendations and will achieve a greater return on investment. Additionally, the business value includes optimized implementation and a transfer of knowledge.
The features and benefits of the HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment include the ability to understand the gaps in regulatory compliance requirements. Organizations that implement a HIPAA Security and Compliance Audit Assessment will be able to determine weaknesses in access controls, user provisioning, configuration management processes, and incident handling processes. Aurora’s assessment will provide a review of network, operating system, application and end point security measures.
The professional package includes:
- Automated Security Scanning: commercial scanning tools used to identify potential technical vulnerabilities
- Management Processes: Review security management processes in place to protect confidential data
- Facilities Management: Review the facilities and physical security process to protect confidential data
- Network Architecture Review: Review network security design and identify weaknesses
- Security Policy Review: Review HIPAA Security policies for accuracy, completeness and best practices
- Report Development and Interpretation: Analyze results and develop a remediation plan to meet security requirements
The enterprise package goes further to also include:
- Remediation Validation: Perform mini assessments after 6 months to validate that remediation steps have been implemented
- Policy Creation: Create or modify up to 5 policies to meet gaps in security procedures